Friday, September 11, 2020

8 Computational Thinking (Digital Fluency Initiative)

 


Moral Machine

I don't believe this is a very good test. I chose to hit the barrier every time because people in the car are protected by seat belts, air bags, and the fact that the bonnet folds in and softens the blow. People in the street are very, very vulnerable to any impact from a vehicle.

The only time I didn't hit the barrier was when I went for the dogs. Never swerve for an animal.

When I had two kill one of the pedestrians, I chose the one in my lane. The outcomes were equal and staying in your lane is following the road code.

But when you look at my results below - the test is trying to determine which type of human I favoured - pffft!


Minecraft (Beginners Guide to Coding)



Signing up for the exam

I watched the LONG video (in double time) and he stressed how helpful it was to use an incognito window. 

But when I did an equipment test with the incognito window it failed - no monitor. So I tried again from a normal window and it passed.

Is it just because it is the end of the day and the end of the week and I am exhausted, but I think it will be a miracle if I can even get into this exam let alone pass it.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Julia,

    If you just check your setting in your ProctorU extension tool - you should be able to just switch it so that it allows you to work in a incognito window. Select 3 dots next to extension bar, then more tools, extensions, click into details of ProctorU scroll down to allow in incognito. That should sort it, allowing you to work incognito on the day... If this doesn't work can I just throw up a quick disclaimer lol
    Good Luck
    Baz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Barry - Thanks. I have done it now. Will try the equipment check again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG it worked. That's Brilliant Barry :)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about