Thursday, September 24, 2020

9. Revision (Digital Fluency Initiative)

 Google Level 1 Exam

I passed - yeh!!!

As others have said - the hardest part was getting started. I tried an Incognito window first, passed the equipment test, then ran into an error when the exam started. The help people are really good and I quickly ditched the Incognito window, then I had to wait another 19 minutes for the next window to sit the exam - then my 3 hours started and it went quite smoothly.

I had already logged out of my You Tube Channel - so had no problems there.

I was surprised my the number of scenarios that used Classroom, but luckily I have had a lot of practice with that in school.

It was a little awkward getting back to normal after the exam. Every time I opened any Google app, it would default to my exam sitter log in. I fixed this by deleting the Proctor U extension and deleting the exam sitter profile. Then somehow that lost my normal Google account, but I was able to enter my email address and log in and it remembered my profile (my photo was still there) but I lost all my bookmarks. My email layout was still the same, so strange.

Anyway - life is back to normal now. Looking forward to my Friday's returning to my usual part-time hours.

Has been a great experience - and I am still loving my web site!

A big thanks to Dorothy, Dave and all the other facilitators!

1 comment:

  1. I've written 2 comments and both seem to have disappeared lol! Still learning aye I guess...

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about